Jandy Deck Jets -- distance to water edge

gujjuman

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 3, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I wondered how far from the water edge a deck jet can be placed. Our PB suggested 3 feet max but I think the kids will undoubtedly be playing in the deck jet water and I really didn't want to put it so close to water edge.

Jet's and main drain/returns will all be on a 2 speed Jandy pump. My thought was about 5-6 feet from water edge.

Obviously we'll have to adjust flow rates to jets to reach water but wanted to see what others suggest. Also do you think 6 jets would be too noisy?

Thanks.

I currently have my jets about 6' away from the edge, 3' pool deck walkway and 3' planter where the jets are along the fence. I can also speed up my pump and they will shoot over the pool and hit the house about 30' away. I have them set where the stream is in the middle of the pool and it does make some noise, but I like the sound of running water. I should also say I don't have the Jandy deck Jets but I have the same parts they use.

Hey gujjuman, welcome to TFP! I would assume that 5-6 feet will be just fine..but it will depend on a few things...

What is the HP of your pump? Is your plumbing 1.5" or 2"? Are you going to have any other water features? And what is the distance from your pump to the jets? All of these will be factors in deck jet pressure.

You can view the product line here. I used the 1/2" products for my install. I ordered them through "Grainger.com". I tapped into the 2" outlet line from the filter and installed a electric valve. I used 2" pvc for the run and installed 2"slip x 2"slip x 1/2" thread tee's which the jet is screwed onto at each location. All I have to do is push a button on my Easytouch system and the pump's speed is readjusted and the valves open's. I posted a few pictures here.

SCCS said:
You can view the product line here. I used the 1/2" products for my install. I ordered them through "Grainger.com". I tapped into the 2" outlet line from the filter and installed a electric valve. I used 2" pvc for the run and installed 2"slip x 2"slip x 1/2" thread tee's which the jet is screwed onto at each location. All I have to do is push a button on my Easytouch system and the pump's speed is readjusted and the valves open's. I posted a few pictures here.

Thanks. Do you remember which nozzle you used?

Sorry gujjuman but I am not try to hijack this thread.
Carlscan 26 I use the 3/8" nozzles. I started out using the 1/4" nozzles but that didn't produce enough flow for the swg to work. So I changed to the 3/8" nozzles and things work great.

Hello~

We don't have children, but we've had many children of all ages in our pool over the years. They have always preferred to be IN the pool while enjoying the jets or the arcing waterfall; no one has ever wanted to play on the deck in the deck jets. Thinking about it, I believe that this would be unpleasant; the water is under quite a bit of pressure. Our Jandy jets are not the same as the playtime water fountains and such found in public playgrounds.

Yes, the deck jets are noisy. I am conscious of disturbing the neighbors and don't run them at night. If we want a water feature on while swimming at night, we run the sheer waterfall, which makes much less noise, but can be run all night if we are trying to boost pH after adjusting the TA down.

Lana

Thanks for all the replies.

We will have a Jandy Stealth 1.0-2 speed pump. Cartridge Filter and peristaltic pump (no other water features, spa, falls, etc). The plumbing is all 2" which splits to 3/4" for the deck jets. They are pretty far from the pump itself, the first set of 3 will be about 50 feet and the others probably around 120 feet.

I didn't realize the jets would be painful for the kids. I fully expected them to be running around in the water. Is that most people's experience?

SCCS--no worries.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My kids and their visitors often play with the deck jets. Mine are about 18" from the pool edge and shoot about 10' into the pool. The water pressure is not great and significantly less than a typical garden hose.

I have 4 deck jets and each has it's own ball valve so we can adjust the pressure. So they can shoot from 1 foot to probably ~30 feet. Kids love them in and out of the water.

Reactions: Wildling
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.