Pump Leaking

eeece

Mar 5, 2012
Australia
I noticed this today as one of the pumps is leaking and quite alot of water is coming out when the filter is on. When I turn it off, I can hear a high suction noise which then goes. Hopefully it isn't too serious to fix :(

Although a little hard to see, I took a picture while the filter was running. Above where the yellow logo is, you can see the water over flowing.

Cheers,

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 79
I can't really tell where the water is coming out from the picture. Just to confirm, is your strainer basket o ring lubed and is the lid on tight?

That is a black union fitting that screws onto the pump right? If so, there should be an o-ring between it and the pump creating the seal. Maybe it is cracked. Can you loosen the 2 fittings that attach to the pump, move the pump/motor and check the o-rings?

You are leaking from that 1/2 union!

Either the o-ring has gone bad or the union is broken or has backed off. :(

I think this is something you can fix/ establish the cause of yourself. If you don't have a wrench that will allow you to tighten or loosen the union, you can use a belt (like you'd use to keep your pants up) as a 'strap wrench') to do the job. :)

We can and will help you DIY this but, if this is out of your comfort level, by all means - call in the pool dudes (&watch what they do, so you can DIY next time :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.