Ozone?????

Jan 10, 2012
Clute Texas
I have a Paramount Ozonator on my 17000 gallon outdoor pool plaster/gunite. I know now after joining the forum and reading a lot that they are not necessary on outdoor pools, never the less the pool salesman sold it to me when he was designing the pool. That will teach me to reasearch first instead of taking the designers word for it, I could have put that money somewhere else. But now I have it so obviously I want to use it. My question is do I still shock my pool when I have Ozone? CC is 0 and FC is 5.5 so I don't see a need to shock right noe, but I guess what I am asking is that should the need arise will it hurt anything to "shock" a pool with an Ozonator?

Thanks
Eric

If your pool has an indication for shocking such as a cc greater than 0.5, FC loss of more than 1 ppm overnight, water doesn't look right to you, or you just feel like it is dirty for whatever reason, then you need to shock with a chlorine source. Ozone will not impact whether you need to shock or how you need to shock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.