4 months - Need some advice

nicheel

Silver Supporter
Aug 14, 2018
Litchfield Park, AZ
It's been 4 months since the pool was built and so far so good. I've been following the pool school directions and the chemicals have been stable. Temps in Phoenix have been in the 80s and with the solar cover the pool is at 72.

The pump run from 9pm - 9am (4 hours on high, 8 on low). With the cover the water temp is not even when we get home, do I still need to run the pump for 12 hours a day and should I run it during the day to circulate the water? (Keep in mind our electric company charges higher "on peak" rates from 3 - 8pm)

It does not appear you have a SWCG, so the main reason to run your pump is to circulate the liquid chlorine you are adding daily, skim the pool surface, and run your suction side pool cleaner. So you should be able to get away with 3 or 4 hours per day. I would pick the cheapest rate time. Just be sure it coincides with when you test your FC and add your liquid chlorine for the day.

Reactions: nicheel
It does not appear you have a SWCG, so the main reason to run your pump is to circulate the liquid chlorine you are adding daily, skim the pool surface, and run your suction side pool cleaner. So you should be able to get away with 3 or 4 hours per day. I would pick the cheapest rate time. Just be sure it coincides with when you test your FC and add your liquid chlorine for the day.

Correct, no SWCG. Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.