4 days of SLAM, water still cloudy

Mar 14, 2017
Charleston, sc
Above ground 7,500 gal salt water pool. Was green when ready to open with leaves at the bottom. Added copper based Algecide, turned slightly blue, green mostly gone. FC was 0. Brought FC up to 7. Water turned cloudy. Pump running 24/7 and backwashing daily. Added Floc. Vacuumed. Water got a little After 2 days took the following readings:

FC 7
CC 0
CYA 0
TA 40
PH 7.1-7.2

Raised CYA to 40
Brought FC to 10
Been keeping the Chlorine around 10 for the last 4 days. It’s significantly clearer but not completely. I can actually see tiny particles suspended in the water

I know I didn’t follow protocol with the the algecide and the floc ?. What do I do now? I’m still backwashing daily and filter is running 24/7 but the backwash water is not nearly as dirty as it used to be.

BTW, I would wait to hear from the experts on the floc and algecide. If you do need to SLAM, the proper FC for a CYA of 40 is 16, not 10.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.