Pump timer question

I dont know much bout that timer;i just purchased a intermatic T101 off of ebay for 25.00 dollars from shipping. You would have to mount it to board and install a plug nd electrical cord though.

Smykowski said:
I think I'm going to have to go hardwired. Apparently that timer is only suitable for 1HP motors
That's what I was just wondering, the non-hardwired timers I've seen on Amazon are 15amp. I was pretty sure my 2HP pump is too much for it and I don't want the hassle of unplugging and re-plugging to run on high speed.

Hardwired might be a bit above my skill set.

I ended up using the timers from www.swimmingpooltimeswitch.com, they're rated for 40amps and seem to be a "generic" version of comparable Intermatic timers. Very simple to wire and I'll confirm that I did it all correctly in a few weeks when I open the pool and turn the pumps on.

Biggest problem I had was getting the conduit and box all set up, mounted, and connected. The holes are not threaded like an off-the-shelf all-weather box, and they don't line up with "standard" boxes. I made it work, but it could've been easier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.