Please recommend a good in line filter

TomAtlanta

Sep 10, 2011
Atlanta Ga
I should also ask, please recommend a good vacuum. I was going to get one at home depot, but since I need to order the inline filter I might as well also order a good vacuum rather than just get whatever is available at home depot.

I have the smaller Hayward in-line and it works pretty well although I wish I had the bigger one because we get a lot of leaves in the fall. I have been using it over the last 6 years and I have had to replace the basket and o-ring once. I don't think the Zodiac would work well because of the design. I would go with the larger Hayward.

For just a pole head cleaner, the ones at Lowes and Home Depot work fine. But if you are after an automatic vacuum, I would recommend ThePoolCleaner. I think it is one of the best suction side cleaners out there.

The hose normally comes is 3' sections but it does depend on the type of hose you get. I noticed at Lowes that they have single 3' sections as well.

mas985 said:
For just a pole head cleaner, the ones at Lowes and Home Depot work fine. But if you are after an automatic vacuum, I would recommend ThePoolCleaner. I think it is one of the best suction side cleaners out there.

I had the brushes on my Hayward vac head go bad so I headed to Lowe's and picked up the one they have for less then $20. It worked but the brushes were set over an inch in from the sides of the head that it made it difficult to clean corners and along the edge of the bottom of the pool. I ended up ordering replacement brushes for my hayward head. Just make sure the brushes on whatever you get are along the outside edges of the vac head.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.