Pool Light Upgrade...LED or Not?

Dec 25, 2011
Charleston, SC
Have a Anthony Light - Underwater No H-700260 Model no 30 and am needing to replace as it is busted out and the when we took it out, it was all corroded. It is to be used with Fixture Housing No 16 or 21. How do I find a replacement? Can any electrician that is licensed do this work? Or does someone need to be specially licensed to do pool electrical work? Thanks!

A regular electrician should be able to do the work but one that is used to working with pool builders will be familiar with the work.

Searching the web for a replacement will probably be your best bet but your local pool store might have a clue.

It's really your call but the floating lights don't match the output of an installed light and most people aren't happy with them. They are a lot cheaper, however.

Just wanted to confirm that I think you can find a screw-in LED bulb for most fixtures. I replaced my old 300W white bulb with a color changing screw-in LED ... simple as changing a light bulb ... well after you pull it out of the water and open up the housing :wink:

Getting a bulb was certainly the cheapest option for me, but my housing was fine (I did replace the sealing gasket). Since you have to change the entire housing, not sure what I would recommend. If you have any kind of Automation, there are specific Hayward/Pentair color LED fixtures that can tie in nicely.

depending on how old your Anthony light is , it will be hard to find. they were custom made for Anthony ( the Older Ones). and the new 10inch housings may not fit in your nitch.

You need some one who has pulled an Anthony light since generally they are old and the Light Cord or cable if you prefer, swells up over time and Anthony never used 3/4 inch red brass, always 1/2 inch.

I know some tricks to pull them but there is no Guarantee that you will be able to pull a new cord, so if your housing is not compromised, and you have a new GFI installed on this light then i would consider the LED bulb option... there are actually many options if you go that route -- not just pool LED manufacturers .

Good Luck

G

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.