pumpsize

That pump is significantly too big. Not all "2 HP" pumps are the same size, marketing issues, but even a small 2 HP pump would be too big. A smaller pump would cost much less to operate and would actually filter the water better (filters work better at lower flow rates).

With a large pump there is no need to leave it running all the time. If you have a timer you might try out running the pump 8 hours a day and see how things go and adjust the run time from there. If you don't have a timer you might want to get one, it will save you at least half of the electric costs of running the pump, and probably more, by using shorter run times.

well what size pump would i need i have a 300lb sand filter and also what timer would you recommend i use also too i think i want to go froma two speed pump to a single speed would you recommend that

A 3/4 HP full rated or 1 HP max rated pump should be fine for a simple pool without a spa, waterfall, or other water features.

A two speed pump costs more up front but it can save a dramatic amount of electricity if you normally run on low speed. Keep in mind that you need to run on low speed for twice as long to move the same amount of water as you do at high speed and even with that you still save electricity. Filtering is better at low speed but things like vacuuming work better at high speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.