Savi Melody vs Fiberstars PAL 2000 vs Intellibrite

Jun 30, 2011
Fullerton, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We are in the process of planning a remodel of an older pool. As part of the work, the old spa will be filled and a new built inside the shallow end, adding a baja reef, and shallowing the deep end. Currently there is only one light in the pool and one in the old spa. We are planning to add another light for the pool (total 2), one for the spa, and another light for the baja reef.

Adding the light to the baja reef, means using a 12V light like Save Melody or PAL 2000. My concern is how well the lights would work together if I mix either Savi/PAL2000 with Intellibrites when it comes to the color modes?

Would it be better to go with either Savi Melody or PAL 2000 for all the lighting in the pool and spa? I have an Easytouch SC8 controller.

What are your thought about this and also about the quality of these different lights? Any preferences?
Thanks.

I should also mention that we will have a sheer descent and 3 deck jets/laminars. Of course, I'd like for these to be lighted as well. Cost is a concern, so the best of the best may not suit the budget. I'm looking for a middle ground for cost versus quality depending on what the concerns are.

The ultimate option would be all out Pentair products, but that doesn't fit the budget. That is why I'm looking at Savi and Fiberstars.

Anyone got experience with these products?
Thanks.

I dont think you will get any light synchronization when you mix brands. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news there. You would need some sort of custom controller to accomplish that, which would negate any savings from not using all pentair.

Lighted laminars are EXPENSIVE. Good luck finding any cheap ones. If you do, POST about them. There are alot of people here including me who would be interested.

Thanks Lershac.

I suspected that may be the answer but I wanted to make sure.
For laminars, there doesn't seem to be many out there that I'm aware of, Jandy, Pentair, and Fiberstars.

So, I'm looking at the following options.

Option 1. This is the cheapest option.
Use Savi Melody lights for the pool, spa, and baja reef. I have a lead to buying 6 new at $100/light. This would make the pool, spa, and reef synchronized. To synchronize the sheer descent, I can use Oasis Nova with Savi X-stream Melody. That leaves the laminar. I have a lead for a new Jandy laminar at $200. That leaves buying a an additional laminar, but I' not sure about any light synchronization.

Option 2. This is all from one vendor and is somewhat more than option 1.
Use Fiberstars Pal-Treo for pool, spa, and baja reef. I have a lead for buying new at $100/peice. Use the Fiberstars lightbar for sheer descent and the Fiberstars laminar.

Option 3. This is the most expensive option.
Use Intellibrite for lighting the pool, (2 required) and one for the spa. Use Magicstream for the laminar and Fiberstars Pal-Treo for baja reef and Fiberstars light bar for the sheer descent.

As I have a hard time finding information of how reliable Savi Melody and Fiberstars Pal-Treo are, I'm hesitant to choose an option. I've also not been able to find out if the Savi and Treo are compatible in light output. Savi is listed as 14W while Treo is at 5W. How does that translate to light output?

If you have any information of Savi or Fiberstars, I would like to hear it.
Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.