pepple tech color?

b1021

Dec 12, 2011
Question pepple tech pools - I'm draining my pool today - recently purchased home. The pepple tech looks kind of greenish - is this normal?

Attachments

• photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 138
maxepr1 said:
Could be Algae. Have you tested before draining? And why are you draining?
These were my numbers. Checked with the water balance thread and they suggested I drain. Is there a way to test for algae? I went to the pebbletec website and it looks like its the color - Irish Mist which is greenish in color on the website.

FC 2
TC 2
PH 8
TA 170
CH 750
CYA 100+

George N said:
With a CYA of 100 you should be targeting a FC of 7ppm.
To test for algae read this thread: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/overnight_fc_test
You don't need to drain a pool to beat algae.
Some of the Pros should be along soon.

Yes - I'm draining because of the CYA and CH levels. I was just concerned of the color of the pepple tec. I took a pumice stone to a small area to see if it would come off and it didn't so I'm thinking its the pebble tec color.

Your test kit is the key to the numbers. Pool store numbers are usually wrong. And like George said with CYA your FC should way higher than it is. You need to do an overnight FC check and see if you pass. CH can be solved by partial drain.

maxepr1 said:
Your test kit is the key to the numbers. Pool store numbers are usually wrong. And like George said with CYA your FC should way higher than it is. You need to do an overnight FC check and see if you pass. CH can be solved by partial drain.

These are the numbers from my test kit - I bought a kit from Leslie's - the Complete DPD test kit.

This thread has really gotten off track. OP's question was to the accuracy of his/her pebble-tec color.

I'm not sure if anyone can tell from that photograph. Like most masonry products, each batch will have variation and I would say that it "looks" normal to me but there's simply too many variables to say for sure. Are you displeased with the color?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
duraleigh said:
This thread has really gotten off track. OP's question was to the accuracy of his/her pebble-tec color.

I'm not sure if anyone can tell from that photograph. Like most masonry products, each batch will have variation and I would say that it "looks" normal to me but there's simply too many variables to say for sure. Are you displeased with the color?

Not displeased..was just wondering if maybe I should acid wash as I read that is usually done when draining. I feel better after looking at pebble tec's website as it looks like the pictures there. Before seeing the pictures I was just wondering if i could have been stained by algae or something. But now I'm thinking its meant to be that way.

Thanks for all the comments!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.