Hose keeps comming loose...

Mar 17, 2012
hello! I stumbled across this site while searching for information on a new pool pump. In the end, I purchased a Intex Krystal Clear 1,600 Gallon Sand Filter to replace the POS filter pump that came with the intex pool.

The pump has worked great and it was very easy to setup, yet there is one lingering problem. The hose going into the pump keeps coming loose and leaking water everywhere. The hose coming out of the sand filter back into the pool is fine and stays secure. But the hose that takes the water from the pool to the pump comes loose (at the pump) after running the pump for just a few minutes. I tighten it as much as I can, but after a few turns, it clicks and gets loose again. There are no visible cracks or defects in the plastic that I could see.

I've tried raising the hose to where it rests even with the pump so there wouldn't be any extra weight on the hose/connector, but that is only a band-aid. It still leaks after running a short time.

Is there a better hose I could use? One with a better/stronger connecter? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.