The Liquidator question before I buy one..

jck

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2010
I have no way to keep it out of the sun. Is that a prob... Are can I just build a cover over it.. Are a box.. I have a shed but is 30 feet from pump... Any thoughts before I pull the trigger?

The LQ is made from semi-tranparent plastic so I would certainly protect it from the sun....both for the uv degradtion of the plastic and possibly to help protect the chlorine as well.

If it won't look horrible, I might consider a 3-sided shelter facing away from the elements with a roof over it. Just the roof will be great, though.

The 3/8" upgrade will help help prevent "white stuff" which is calcium carbonate formation. It likely still forms a little, but with the larger openings it flows through instead of getting stuck. Make sure your CSI doesn't get too high and you could use 50 ppm Borates as well since that seemed to help in many, but not all, cases.

The 3/8" upgrade certainly makes the unit operate better but it's not completely required.
However, since you have an aboveground pool, you may want to consider it because they tend to have very low suction head, and therefore without the upgrade you have to partially close off the suction valve to get enough suction head to get the unit to work well.

I painted my liquidator with white spray paint for use on plastics. I taped a stripe on each of the 4 panels and marked a line for each of the 8 gallons of chlorine that the unit can hold.

I also installed the Hayward Needle Valve to adjust the flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.