Win, loose or draw?

George N

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 8, 2011
New Caney, Texas
I went out to vacuum the pool, as she does daily my little one (8 year old) checks the temperature. Our conversation as I vacuum:

Daddy the temperature is up to 72, can I swim today?
No baby I told you 75 or higher. (Point me)
Daddy Spring break is over today please!
Baby spring break isn’t over we still have two days.
You can’t count the weekend daddy, we get that anyway. (Point her)
Daddy you sure keep the pool really clean it looks all sparkly. (Point her)
Thank you baby, it has to stay clean to be safe.
Daddy, you do know that 72 is really close to 75 and it sure is hot out here. I bet that water would feel really good.
Ok, go get your suit on. (Point her)
Daddy, daddy, my swimsuit don’t fit anymore :(
So we run to Wal-Mart for a new suit, a noodle and some goggles. We grab a kid’s meal on the way out the door. ( 4 points her)
We get back I tell her she has to wait an hour as she just ate. She tells me she seen that thing I was reading on the internet that, that is not true. (Point her)
She gets in, I sit there watching her and reading a book.
Daddy why don’t you get in with me, its fun! Not today, I like the water a little warmer baby.
Please daddy, it’s no fun without you. Ok I’ll get in. (Point her)
Three hours later we get out of the pool and head into the house. A little later I’m sitting there watching the news and she comes up to me with a big smile and an even bigger hug.
She tells me that she had so much fun today and if they keep score for the best daddy in the world I would win.
After I dried my eyes I thought about that. Win, loose or draw?
It doesn’t really matter does it, today was a great start to the season.

Great story George! Definitely a win for both of you! Thanks for sharing...makes me wish I had a girl...I have 3 boys, they express their appreciation/affection by hitting, tackling, and grabbing. By the way, we would kill for 72 right now (kids would settle for something in the mid sixties as a start), though it looks like it will be here quicker than normal.

Thanks y'all just had to share it, i know I'll never forget it. :-D

257WbyMag and linen, yall are right! Never to cold for the kids but I think I'll wait till the water is a little warmer next time LOL. Took some time to get use to it.

She came in this evening and let me know its 72 in the pool and the weather man said warm weekend in the 80s so I know what shes planning :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.