what do we do with the antifreeze?

8corneflakes

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 13, 2009
Fort Wayne, IN
we have unseasonably warm weather here in Indiana. We are thinking about opening the pool, but don't know what to do with the antifreeze in the lines. I have searched TFP, but did not find an adequate answer. Also, I did see a section about opening above ground pools, but there is not a section in Pool School entitled 'opening an in ground pool'. The kids are really excited for a super long swim season. But first we have to fish all the goggles out of the bathtub. Thanks TFP!!

Theresa,

To open my inground pool, I just reverse the steps I did to close it (as far as getting the lines back open and parts reinstalled) - then I start testing and adjusting. And if you used pool antifreeze, it is okay to go into the water once you start the pump. It will probably affect the water color at first (turned mine a gorgeous dark blue) but it will break down pretty quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.