Small holes in liner

TarheelPool

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Burlington, NC
I've been investigating the source of a leak for several weeks now this weekend I found some small holes in the liner in the shallow end. I have 2 issues stemming from this for which I would appreciate the advice of the forum users.

#1 - I would like for someone to run through the basics on patching a leak. I know this is elsewhere on the web but I think it would be useful to have at TFP, possibly as a sticky.

#2 - When the liner was put in, there were lots of places where the vermiculite/portland cement mixture was pushing against the bottom of the liner (see pic). The PB said the mixture had the consistency of coagulated sugar and would smooth out with pressure. For the most part, I have found this to be true but I noticed several of the pieces seemed a little harder than he described when I pushed them down with my foot although they did seem to break apart and smooth down as well. My question is whether these pieces could actually have worked through the liner in places and be the source of the small holes that I have now. Has anyone experienced this with an IG vinyl liner?

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t145 ... 0_0867.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t145 ... 0_0871.jpg

Thanks,

Kevin

Sean,

Can you (or someone) post issue #2 of this thread at PF for me. I'm working with the PB to get this resolved but would really be interested in input from other poolowners or the industry guys who may have experience with this issue.

Thanks,

Kevin

TarheelPool said:
Sean,

Can you (or someone) post issue #2 of this thread at PF for me. I'm working with the PB to get this resolved but would really be interested in input from other poolowners or the industry guys who may have experience with this issue.

Thanks,

Kevin

Done!

We had a vinyl pool done in Oct. last year. We had a two stage bottom done. Are material might be differnt, but before they dropped the liner in they used power grindders and ice scrapers on the bottom to make sure it was nice and smooth. Hope everything works out good luck!

leak

Kevin,

I've been searching for my leak for 3 days now. I'm losing almost 2 inches a day. Did you call in the pool company to find the leak or did you find it on your own.? How much water were you losing? What did you find helpful in finding the leak?? Thanks,

Jed

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.