Retaining wall around grill

Feb 5, 2012
I love your outdoor kitchens ! However it's not in the budget for us. I would like to spice up my hubby's stainless grill. I plan to start with a paver patio. Then,I thought about buying the pavers you make retaining walls out of. Then, make two curved walls where the grill would slide in the middle of a sideways C shape. I can't find a pic but, I know I saw it online somewhere. Anyone got any good ideas ? What else can I do to spice it up for him without going broke ?

That's a great idea! I was thinking, too, maybe you could find a rack of some kind where he could hang his grilling utensils? Originally, I was thinking some of those stakes for hanging plants, but if you could find a rack - or even support a trellis and screw in some hooks, that might be more cost effective.

Something along these lines is what you're looking for. I placed both a refrigerator and ice maker within the block construciton and put a tile top on top of the entire bar area. This isn't cheap either. This block is 3.5" thick and about 9" in depth. I simply cut a lot of block in 1/2 depth wise. Glued them together and parged the inside with mortar. It's holding up really well. Block alone (Celtik wall) is about $450/pallet and this area took close to a pallet to complete. You could certainly do the same with a grill - but not near a pool house like this.

Attachments

• lPhaseV-Day332-Picture02.jpg
    lPhaseV-Day332-Picture02.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 439
  • lPhaseV-Day339-Picture01.jpg
    lPhaseV-Day339-Picture01.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 439
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.