over-the-wall skimmer... who uses one? opinions

Welcome to TFP!!

There are situations wherein an over the deck skimmer is the best option. They are hard to find and have more drawbacks than advantages (in most cases).

From your post, I'm guessing that you sell them - you tell me the advantages and I'll tell you some of the disadvantages :wink:

I don't sell them, but I've had experiences with both. I've had 4 pools, 2 with the over the wall and 2 with the thru wall skimmer. The 2 with the thru wall skimmer not only eventually had some leaking issues, which rusted the wall (one dripped down the wall for a few months from the inlet and rusted the wall until the wall cracked there) but both had winter damage from the thru wall skimmer. Another draw back from the thru wall skimmer is that its not adjustable, but many over the wall skimmers are. Over wall skimmers tend to be far cheaper too. My first and last pool had over the wall skimmers and there was never any winter damage. Although my last pool I had to cover the pre-punched skimmer holes with sheet metal and duct tape.

How do you recommend holding the hoses on the wall?

Thanks for responding :goodjob:

Apparently I was wrong about your motives :cry: (there are folks that 'troll' pool sites, trying to sell their stuff - I'm glad you're not one of those :) )

I don't have the time tonight to discuss this, but I do want to pursue it.

Please respond and I'll make the time to discuss this with you :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.