Differences between Intelliflo's

The SVRS has a built in timer. How do you plan on controlling the pump? If you want to interface with the Aqualogic, you will need the Intellicomm communications center which runs about $200. But even then, it will be for only two speeds.

Mark, kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Power co. will give a rebate only for Intelliflo and not 2 speed?? If I run power directly to pump from breaker then use the pump timer and I would just have to match Aqualogic timer to pump timer for SWG, I think? Waiting to here back from power co. on explanation.

maxepr1 said:
Mark, kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Power co. will give a rebate only for Intelliflo and not 2 speed?? If I run power directly to pump from breaker then use the pump timer and I would just have to match Aqualogic timer to pump timer for SWG, I think? Waiting to here back from power co. on explanation.

One thing you can do is to put the VS on a single relay of the Aqualogic and run it as a single speed pump. It should turn on to the last set speed. You could also do this with the SRVS and then the count down timers would allow you to set different speeds during the runtime.

Even though I am in a very high electrical rate area, this is one of the reasons I converted my pump to a two speed instead of going to a VS pump. Lifetime costs ended being less because of all the add-ons.

Here the dumbest explanation of conserving power I have ever heard from the senior engineer of the audit department of my power company, " Energy efficient pool pumps don't get a rebate from us because them have to replaced in half the lifespan of a regular pump"! But we do offer rebates for CFL light bulbs! What?? Mark so as long as I set the first speed on high and the last speed on high and adjust down between I should be good for the VS?

The VS-3050 is going to be one speed only since it does not have the timers. The SVRS has a schedule mode so it will turn on and off the speeds at predetermined times. The pump will hold the schedule and time even if power is disconnected for no more than than 96 hours. So the Aqualogic can control the power to the pump but the schedule is controlled by the pump timers. So you just turn on the pump slightly after the first on schedule and turn it off right before the last off schedule.

mas985 said:
The SVRS has a built in timer. How do you plan on controlling the pump? If you want to interface with the Aqualogic, you will need the Intellicomm communications center which runs about $200. But even then, it will be for only two speeds.

I'm looking at the same pumps now, and from what I read, Pentair revised this model and it now ships with a built in timer. Maybe I'm mistaken, but from the new description, it sounds like you can control the speed by way of a timer now. May just need ot be careful that you are ordering a new released model?

I'm trying to debate between the Intelliflo and Ecostar. Apparently a little better efficency with the Ecostar, but its only 2HP vs the Intelliflo at 3HP. Just not sure I even can run the Intelliflo at 3HP with my 2.5" spa lines. I found them both for teh same price of $840 locally, so just need to make up my mind.

*************************************************************************************************************************
IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump | Part Number: 011018

The IntelliFlo Variable Speed features 8 speeds with a programmable time clock for each speed and an LCD screen that displays actual wattage consumption and speed settings. It is the perfect solution for customers who want the savings and performance provided by dependable IntelliFlo technology with integrated time clock settings for code complicity or installations without automation systems

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There are four pumps in the Intelliflo line up now:

The old vs3050 does not have timer - 011013
The NEW VS does have a timer - 011018
The old SVRS always had a timer - 011017
The old VF always had a timer - 011012

The new VS is 011018 the old vs3050 is 011013 as listed above.

EDIT - I just realized that I misread your very first post. I had been talking about the vs3050 not having the timer. So to answer your original question, they are identical except for the SVRS.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.