Anthony-Sylvan????

Feb 20, 2012
SE Pennsylvania
Hi everyone! So, I had posted my concerns a few days ago about installing a bromine pool and got a lot of great feedback. One suggestion offered was to look at other builders since the one we intended to use was very negative towards a SWG which is our first choice. We took that advice and contacted a second builder. Their estimate for a sweet gunite was less than the original estimate for a basic vinyl. The newest estimate comes from Anthony-Sylvan. Does anyone have experience building a pool with them, and how was it? We've read some ugly things about them online, but realize that experience from actual customers is so much more valid. Any input into Anthony-Sylvan, good or bad, is much appreciated!

It's good that you understand the limitations of some of the "reviews" that you might come across on the internet. Some people post negative things about companies while the issue ends up being something personal rather than professional. Here at TFP, we call those "drive bys".

One of the things that you can do is ask neighbors in your neighboorhood, who did their pool and what they thought of the process. Most people will be more than happy to let you see their setup and explain any good or bad experiences that they had with it along the way.

Thank you for the interest in Anthony & Sylvan Pools and it is indeed a great company to build your pool - I realize I may be a little biased :) I am the General Manager for the Pennsylvania region for Anthony & Sylvan Pools and would gladly answer any question you may have. We have hundreds of references from customers we have recently built a pool for that we would be happy to share with you.

A&S built my 30000 gunite pool at my Downingtown, PA home in April 2006. Have had no problems with the pool or any of the equipment indicating qualty. Just last year I called them about my plastic drain cover coming off, and they quickly called in a diver and replaced the cover with the new drain cover recall and covered all under warranty. Very happy with the quality of equipment that comes with the package. I also have no concrete cracks after 6 years!, so their subs were also quality. The only work I have done is replaced the styrofoam spacer between the concerte and coping with a quality caulking job

I would recommend them above others (including Carlton) in my area without hestitation. The also built my pool in 6 weeks from start to pool fill

The one item I added was installing a SWG. I have had one issue with the Raypak gas heater-replaced the memory board (bought on line)

If you want more specifics, send me a private email via thsi website

A&S built our pool in Exton, PA in the fall of 2010. 28K gallons, gunite. Very pleased with the whole process and final result. In fact, the salesman is my neighbor. Not sure where you are in SE PA, but if you're near Exton you're more than welcome to take a look.

A&S built my pool in 2004 (28k Gunnite I/G). No complaints about shell, coping, tiling or electric--all very good work. I was not happy with the plumbing where no unions were used, threaded connections were cemented, and they foisted on me this silliness called a Nature 2 that immediately sprayed copper and silver BB's all over the pool and stained the plaster. Scheduling was totally chaotic and dates were not honored.

The worst aspect was after-service. At that time, any follow up with A&S in Pennsylvania was a disaster. Only one extension could deal with any complaints, and it would only go to voicemail. No one ever answered. Messages were mostly ignored. If you talked to anyone else at A&S after the bill was paid, they just gave you the same dead-end extension. I have a great pool today, but the process was a nightmare. I hope things have improved. With the current economy, I suspect they may be more attentive to customers. And please, if they offer you a Nature 2, say "NO!"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.