split return

Mar 14, 2012
Due to an underground leak in pipe, I am forced to use just l return. Fortunately it is in the middle of the pool wall (inground vinyl). Does any one make a split return--one the screws into the return but has 2 (or even 3) forks that move the water in more than one direction. I read the reviews on a rotating return, but it had bad reviews. Have I made myself clear. It would loo like a Y (or W) with the screw-in part straight behind it.

Welcome to tfp sbledsoe :wave:

Generally you want the pool to circulate or move the water in one direction so that the whole surface moves towards the skimmer/skimmers. Where are your skimmer/skimmers in relation to the return? A pic would be great!

The best you could do is probably make one yourself. I'd first try to aim the eyeball toward one side and see if I could get the pool to circulate around somewhat. You may find that, that's all it takes. If that doesn't do it then a specially designed return might be your only hope.

Head on down to your local hardware or plumbing store (not big box) and show the plumbing guy what you want and maybe they can help. If not they may know someone. Another alternative is to take it to your local pool store and see what they say.

I found what I needed. A 3 way splitter, a connector with male grooves, and 3 eyeballs that fit into the splitter perfectly. All these things fit together very well so I have water moving 3 ways--better than it ever has. It sticks out about 3 inches, so when there are swimmers, I can just unscrew it. Then put it back for circulation. Thanks for your responses. (By the way, it all cost lest than 10 dollars)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.