cood60

Platinum Supporter
Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 20, 2012
Virginia Beach
I have been trying to find where I can post a question about how to add salt to an SWG pool as I am low on salt.
1- Is there a preferred method of adding salt? (I looked all over the site for the topic.
2- I could not find where I can post the new topic, so I came to this place on the site. Do you make it hard for us to do this on purpose? No offense meant, just a question

Could not find any instructions in the calculator or in the Chemisry School

Should I just dump it in? Should pump be running? Should SWG chlorinator be off? ETC ETc
Thanks,

Cush Dobbs

You don't have to purchase "pool salt", water softener salt works fine, it's a little courser and will need a little more time to dissolve depending on water temperature. When I first added salt on my install it took 45 minutes for about 400 lbs to dissolve. Added salt, brushed sides and mixed it in. The salt looked like diamonds on the bottom of the pool for a while, looked pretty cool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.