New pool ,already having fun.

fishunt

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 3, 2012
Lebanon,Tn
Waiting for pool guy to install liner, pump ,filter,sag and what ever. I have been reading for a month. I think I have read just about all I can read on here. looking forward to a fun TFP. I have al ready got one of yalls test kit. I am a boiler operator in old hickory tn. So I run water test a lot in my job. I run alk at work and we run our boiler water from 350 to 650 is this the same as TA I will be testing for? On my contract with the pool guy it says water balanced . He was telling me about all of the biogard stuff he was going to put in. iI told him all I wanted was a straight salt water pool. He said he would take care of me. He was telling all I need to do once a week about shocking my pool and about a new shock he is making and selling. He all so told me the salt he will be put in my pool will have borate in it and I will have a borate pool. Dose all of this sound right? Any way sorry about the long intro. Looking forward getting to know y'all. My name is Jeff Rutledge.

Hi, Jeff,

Welcome to the forum. :lol: Yes, the TA is the same as the alk you test for but your pool will run much lower.

Your pool guy does not have a complete understanding of pool water chemistry. I would insist that he not add anything to the pool except salt and let you take it from there. You could add your own salt for that matter.

If you can just get credit for all the "help" he wants to provide, you are armed with a test kit and everyone on this forum to get you up and running with minimum expense and trouble.