Above ground pool LED light

Her Lou, what type of light are you looking for? There are several options for above ground pools.

SmartPool NiteLighter hangs over the edge of the pool (and requires no draining or drilling). Waveglow makes a floating LED light, as well as a Thru-Wall model that attaches to your return fitting (but has a hole in the middle to allow water flow). Let me know if you have any questions about these lights!

gtojohn said:
depending on your pool size, number of jets and amount of light required, I like these
http://www.amazon.com/Swim-Time-NA4035- ... 554&sr=8-4
Bright enough for good mood lighting in a 16x24. I'm in the middle of a diy remodel, adding 4 of these one in each corner and keeping the original halogen in case I need things super bright, each light individually switched. Look hard and you can find them between $50 and $75

thats the one I went with...there is pretty much nothing else out there. I picked it up for 78 shipped.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Durf said:
Are lights like this not available?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aboveground-Swi ... 2c637ed09f

I was going to order one of these. Are they no good? They look easy to install, am I missing something?

Edit: i see people are talking about LED and the one I showed is halogen, sorry. Is LED better? I want the most light possible, but not on every night. Just when we have people over at night and for night swimming.

I wanted LED and would prefer a more integrated look so I went with this http://www.poolsinc.com/above-ground-jet-light.html

Light output is good for mood light. Depending how much light you want. Personally I night swim without lights. Its not as powerful as a halogen, but i'm not trying to play volleyball at night. Because its also a return jet it is usually in addition to another light, so it makes a good auxillary light. My pool's apart so no pics, but I felt with just 1 I had decent coverage in my 16x25 pool. The 2 biggest advantages for led, almost no power consumption, and extremely long life.

gtojohn said:
Light output is good for mood light. Depending how much light you want. Personally I night swim without lights. Its not as powerful as a halogen, but i'm not trying to play volleyball at night. Because its also a return jet it is usually in addition to another light, so it makes a good auxillary light. My pool's apart so no pics, but I felt with just 1 I had decent coverage in my 16x25 pool. The 2 biggest advantages for led, almost no power consumption, and extremely long life.

thats what I'm looking for...
every site I ordered the Aurora from contacted me and said it is no longer available.

every site I ordered the Aurora from contacted me and said it is no longer available.

As far as I know the Aurora is still sold by Smartpool. A good majority of internet dealers buy their product from the same wholesale distributor. It's quite possible that the distributor stopped carrying the product and that's why they couldn't ship.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.