LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2011
Northern Maryland (near Delaware)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Ok, I was all set to but a SWG and because of the stupid salt dish in the Hermit Crab habitat getting crusty as it dries my wife is turned off to the idea of having a salt pool. The Crab Mix I am sure is much more higher level than a swg pool. Does anyone have issues with Residue around the pool area?

rjg202 said:
Ok, I was all set to but a SWG and because of the stupid salt dish in the Hermit Crab habitat getting crusty as it dries my wife is turned off to the idea of having a salt pool. The Crab Mix I am sure is much more higher level than a swg pool. Does anyone have issues with Residue around the pool area?

I don't see any residue around the pool deck. However, I have a dark brown patio table that when splashed, I can see a hazy residue where the salty water dried off but I wouldn't call it crusty.

SWGs use salt levels around 3000 ppm. I don't know how that compares to the crab dip, but it is about 1/10 of the concentration in sea water. I never notice any residue left on splashed surfaces from my salt pool water.

Seawater salinity is about 35,000ppm vs around 3500ppm for a salt pool. 10 times as much salt in your crab habitat than the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.