Suggestions for skimmer locations?

ptkjo

Apr 25, 2011
Hi, first post and need to say thank you for all the helpful info I've researched here the last two years. I usually find an answer to my questions just by searching. But now I'm need of routing ideas.
Thanks to some great posts here, I'm ready to make some plumbing upgrades before spring rains start. Most of my pool specs are in my sig. I want to keep current out to pump as a vac line, add skimmer, maybe an extra return with a fountain option and hard plumb lines with pvc. The one return doesn't seem like it really circulates enough. Current out and return is in the middle of a long side about 8ft apart. So I'm looking for best opinions on where to locate and space stuff out for best water flow inside and out. I might play with making diy solar panel on short end of the pool that faces south.

The best place for a skimmer is downwind of the prevailing winds in your location. We hear a lot of stories about the skimmer not being downwind of the prevailing and debris collecting on that side and not making it to the skimmer. I would place one there and if there is to be a second one, I'd place it on the opposite wall.

The pool itself is level, my camera angle is not so it just looks really off until it fills all the way up. A couple of block supports are a bout 1/2" off. We had to dig out and add them in after a flash flood last summer. Thank god for the deck or it would have caved.

That looks like a decent plan. You can aim the eyeball upwind and have it circulate the pool clockwise and it should take the debris right past the skimmer where it'll get sucked in. Mark the water level carefully before lowering it to install the skimmer. You'll want the skimmer about 2/3rd's submerged.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.