Swimming season filtering process

cood60

Platinum Supporter
Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 20, 2012
Virginia Beach
Since I am still a bit green to pools, what is the proper way to run my filter during the swimming season? I left my pool open this winter and have been doing great keeping the water clear and balanced. Wondering what sort of changes I will encounter when the grankids start enjoying it.
Thinking about some sort of heat scource and would appreciate any advice. Would love to Geo-Thermal, but wow it seems expensive!

Thanks

Pump run time is one of those things that is very much and individual thing. With a 2-speed pump and an SWCG, long run times on low speed would probably be a good start point, but if you have a lot of surface debris you might need some high speed runs too.

This is my first summer with the pool. Water balance has been great, thanks to all yous
We have had a couple of weeks with 90s to 100s
Pool water is not quite as clear and sparkly, is this normal for extreme heat?
Pump runs on high for 3-1/2 hrs in the morning, 2-1/2 in the evening, runs on low speed the rest of the time
last test results were:
PH-7.7
TA- 70
CC-2-3
CYA- Just had to raise it from 30 to 60 (Chlorine was still doing ok but I raised it anyway per TFP School

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.