How To Drain Water From My Pool...?

RAILhead

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 25, 2012
South Texas
I'm pretty sure I know what the consensus will be, but I thought I'd ask it anyway: if I post pics of our pumps and equipment, can you guys/gals explain what I need to do to drain water from my pool -- or, should I just go ahead and call the pool installer and let him show me? Our installer is a great guy and all, but he's not the best at explaining things and keeping focused. The only reason I'm asking how to do this is 1) general knowledge, and 2) at some point in the future, I figure I'll need to address the CYA level by draining 27-33% of my water (according to the Pool Calc).

I'm guessing the best thing would be to have him show me, but I thought I'd ask anyway in case is such no-brainer thing to do you guys could explain it. :-D

Thoughts? If you can, what do you need pics of?

Here are several pics, and yes, there's a drain at the bottom -- my understanding is that the pool bottom debris catcher is where the water would drain. ???

poolplumbing01.jpg

poolplumbing02.jpg

poolplumbing03.jpg

poolplumbing04.jpg

poolplumbing05.jpg

poolplumbing06.jpg

I don' tknow the answer to your question............but that looks like an awful lot of plumbing for a 7k gallon pool. Are you sure on the gallons? Could save you a lot of trouble down the road.

If the pipe labeled "Leaf Trapper" is the main drain (MD) then close off everything except that valve and since you have a system 3 cartridge filter you'll have to either remove the plug on the back side and plumb it to a drain or you can remove the drain plug under the bottom.

I also see a pipe labeled "Dump" but it looks like it's on the spa side. If that pump's connected to the pool MD, AND it means what it says and is connected to a drain somewhere, then you can close off the "Stream Jets" and open that valve and it will dump water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.