Another Intex Question: How far is too far?

Feb 29, 2012
Hoschton, GA
Sorry to bug you guys with silly questions, but I thought I would start another topic as I select the location of my future pool...

I'm thinking about putting the dual pump / salwater system combo (56681EG) on an 18' ultraframe.

My problem is the only location I can put my pool is about 120' away from the GFCI outlet.

My understanding is that you just plug these filter systems in to the GFCI. If I have a really long extention cord...will 120' cause any issues with running the pump?

Also, does anyone have any good ideas as to how to hide the elctrical cord as it travels across my backyard?

Any experiences I can draw upon?

Thanks for your help!

What I'd do is run a GFCI receptacle out there. Any extension cord you get that long is going to have a terrible voltage drop or be more expensive than a dedicated receptacle. I'd run #12 wire in PVC conduit out there and put a gfci receptacle on it.

There are no silly questions :whip: ...unless I am asking :lol:

CSimpson said:
I'm thinking about putting the dual pump / salwater system combo (56681EG) on an 18' ultraframe.
I wouldn't. Keep you SWG seperate from your pump/filter. That way if one starts malfunctioning (and the swg will probably before the pump does) then you can easily replace. The intex stand alone swg works well for me. I have used it for 2 seasons so far.

CSimpson said:
My understanding is that you just plug these filter systems in to the GFCI. If I have a really long extention cord...will 120' cause any issues with running the pump?
I agree with Bama, better to run a dedicated receptacle. With that said...you may have trouble with the 120 feet, I am not sure what the current draw is for the 2650 gpm version, but the 1600 gpm version (pump only) was less than 6 amps. My neighbor has it on a ~100 ft extension cord. I can't find a current draw spec for the 2650...

Awesome! Thanks for the quick responses. The only reason I thought about the combo is because I have heard that the pump that comes with the pool is no good. I thought it would be cheaper to by the combo than to buy a new pump and a seperate SWG. I saw the combo on Amazon.com today for $379. Whatever I decide, I will need the SWG, pump and a light on the circuit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.