Wall Thickness

Mar 7, 2012
Does anyone know what the average size wall thickness is for an AGP? Or how tight the fit is in the
bottom track on average? Is there a little play?

Trying to figure out the best way to repair a little wall damage before pool is drained and liner replaced.

Thanks......
D

A little more info would be helpful...

What brand and model AGP do you have? What type of 'damage' are you trying to fix? If possible, can you post pictures?

If we can get that info, I am sure someone here can help you troubleshoot your problem!

I believe it is a Sea Spray Aegean...18ft x 33ft x 52inches. It came with the house. There is a spot rusting
through near the skimmer due to previous owners thinking that caulk will solve everything. Rest of the pool
is in great shape. The plan is to get some 5052 aluminum sheet (48"x52") and sandwich the pool wall between it. The
wall is structually sound. Just wasn't sure how much wiggle room there is in pre-existing bottom track for thickness of
aluminium sheet.

dprosper75 said:
I believe it is a Sea Spray Aegean...18ft x 33ft x 52inches. It came with the house. There is a spot rusting
through near the skimmer due to previous owners thinking that caulk will solve everything. Rest of the pool
is in great shape. The plan is to get some 5052 aluminum sheet (48"x52") and sandwich the pool wall between it. The
wall is structually sound. Just wasn't sure how much wiggle room there is in pre-existing bottom track for thickness of
aluminium sheet.

My dad did something like that with a pool once. The pools Ive seen have enough room in the track to wedge a piece of sheet metal (like wall thickness, maybe a little thicker) into it. If it doesn't fit, just put it on the track, rivit/bolt it to the wall and bury it with the sand at the bottom. I would also recommend using an over-wall skimmer instead of the in wall, but thats just me. Three reasons;

1. No worry of leaks and wall rot from the skimmer/inlet.
2. No worry about ice freezing into the skimmer or inlet in the winter and pulling the wall down. (It happened to me once)
3. You can fill the pools water level as high as you want or relativly low, just adjust the skimmer.

What would be great, it if you could find a piece of the same wall you have and cut out and replace that whole area, upright to upright and just hit the sharp edges with a file, drill the holes (pick up all the metal shavings in the liner area!), bolt it togather and duct tape the seams.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.