Used 18x33 install dont know brand Help

sammycornelius

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 3, 2012
I just picked up a used 18x33 AGP. All of the steel is in really good shape whith barely any rust on it. Got it pump, filter, huge wedding cake steps, winter cover, and various other stuff for $300.

Have been reading on here for a couple weeks so this is my plan for it.

I will be converting it to SWG with a compupool cpsc 36. Along with foam pool cove. Gorilla pad or equivalent, wall foam, unibead liner from Pool Supply World. Best prices I found and free shipping.

I didnt get to see it come down and the guy couldnt remember a couple of things. The strait sections of the walls are actually scalloped and that makes sense structurally. But it came with these thin metal plates that fit along the edge of the strait sections that match the scallop. The lip that is folded down on them come up just as high as the bottom track. Each section is about 1' deep and 2' long.

Is the track supposed to butt up against it or does the plate lip sit in the track? If so then do I slope the rest of the plate or does it sit on top of sand?

Also the bands that stretch across the pool are bolted together so they were buried before.

The way I am thinking of it is that the bands are buried in an inch of sand and the plates sit on that sand and the bottom track butts up against the vertical part of the plate.

Has anyone seen this before and can give me an idea of what to do with this.

Thanks

I have been entertaining the idea of buying an oval pool and conquering the install myself with a few others so I youtubed this vid. I've seen it before and I do believe it will help you with your questions. It's kinda long but worth the watch. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-NUfi48YLk

that video shows pressure plates but mine has buttresses and the plates look like they go right against the bottom track. the straps don't have anything other than attachment plates. ill try to take some pics tonight.

Found a video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuPqpIBZ ... re=related That shows a pool that looks like mine. Looks like I will be putting those plates down in the bottom tracks.

Question now is could I use foam board to cover the straps going across the pool or do I need to use sand. I just really dont want to use sand. Anyone ever use the 1.5" foam boards on an oval pool that has the straps running across it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.