First test of the year!

maxepr1

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2011
DFW
Well the weather has been getting warmer here and the water is finally staying around the 59* mark consistently so it's time to check the numbers.
FC 4
CC 0
TC 4
PH 8.2
CYA 55-60
TA 110
Hardness 550
Borates 30-50 looks like either...lol
Salt 3100

Really impressed with the Borates holding all winter! I thought for sure I was going to have to reaply. My DIY dosing pump seems not to be working so the PH is sky high!

Hey, Max,

As Tonto used to say, "Long time....no talk"

Get that pH down, your CH is too high to be flirting with trouble up there in the 8's. I would suggest you hold pH around 7.5 or below for the rest of your life!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hey Dave! Been doing allot of reading, not much posting! I like my PH around 7.4, as for my CH, can't seem to lower to acceptable numbers? Was working on a detailed DIY bearing replacement on pumps but it turned into a disaster and now I have to replace my pump before the big KA BLAMO! But I can't get a good answer on how to do it with wiring it up?? Talk to 10 people get 10 answers??

Does "hardness" mean calcium hardness? If so, you nee to change out water to lower it.

550 is above normal but it isn't crazy high. You shouldn't have to change much water out to get it down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.