New Member Needs Help

Mar 9, 2012
Hi Everyone

I am wondering is there anyone out there that can help me? I am a single mother of two children just moved down to Florida, We have a home with a pool and a spa, I do not know how to set anything to do with the pool when I turn it on the spa as a fountain in the middle and the water drains from the spa into the pool.

Can anyone help me urgently????????????????????

Thanks
Lesley

Could you post a picture of your equipment pad? Everyone's pool is plumbed a little differently and it will help us help you if you can post a picture of the pump, filter, and valves.

Hey Lesley, welcome to the forum! :wave: I am certain you will find this community VERY helpful in learning your way around pool care. A great place to start is Pool School (link in my signature box).

As far as getting started with your pool, what exactly are you trying to do? Is your water clean and clear? Testing your water chemistry should be high on your priority list for the pool.

In order to assist you with your equipment, it would be helpful if we know what equipment you have. If we can see some pictures, someone here can certainly identify what equipment you are using and help you understand it.

Welcome to TFP!

No worries. We can help you. As zea3 mentioned, a picture of your equipment pad can help immensely. Also, if you gave us some dimensions, we can calculate how many gallons you have. Length, width, and depth.

Also, were the previous residents taking care of the pool themselves or was a pool service being used? Most of the time, if a pool service was being used, they will often provide a month of free care to the new owner to help with the transition.