digital pump timer needed

Hi everyone. I am searching for a new digital timer to replace the analog timer that I currently have. I only need something basic as I will only have it turn on once or twice a day at most, but I was also like it to be very simple to manually turn on and off for when I want to clean or add chemicals.

Here is a photo of my current timer:
pooltimer.jpg

I would like to keep it to $100 or less if possible :-D

Thanks for your input!

The pump is the only thing running off the timer. The reason I wanted to go digital is because I would not have to mess with the tabs and I could set for more than one time in the same day. The analog timer has been very inconsistent for me...now more than ever, which is why I'm replacing it.

Uncle Ben said:
So it doesn't matter that the timer says it is for a water heater? I definitely like the price for it.
I'll verify, but I think I have 220v there since there appear to be two "hot" terminals, one nuetral and one ground.

Correct. It does not matter what is being timed as long as voltage and amperage are right.

texasdad said:
Uncle Ben said:
So it doesn't matter that the timer says it is for a water heater? I definitely like the price for it.
I'll verify, but I think I have 220v there since there appear to be two "hot" terminals, one nuetral and one ground.

Correct. It does not matter what is being timed as long as voltage and amperage are right.

Exactly, you can use a timer for lights, heaters, pumps, motors, or HVAC systems. You can use it to turn power on and off to solenoids on water fill or chlorinators (much less popular but still applicable.) Endless options, but you have to have the right timer for the right job.

Please have a qualified electrician make the connections if you are unsure whatsoever. It's not worth frying yourself or your equipment!

Also, add GFCI protection to that circuit. It looks pretty old, and GFCI protection is not only required by code, but a good idea. Should the pump ever experience a short, this is good protection to protect against electrocution for anyone in the pool. The same goes with pool lights. They should also be on a dedicated GFCI protected line. This can be accomplished using GFCI breakers or in-line GFCI modules.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.