Is my liner ruined??

Jul 17, 2011
Hello folks... I have a problem. The wide strap halfway down the pool that wraps around the "belly" of the liner had been chewed up my mans best friend... :( :rant:

Is there a fix for this or will i be draining and replacing my liner this year?

I have the blue 18' Intex.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Dave

Hey Dave, I've got a couple questions about your liner.

Is it chewed all the way through?

If possible, pictures would help us get the best idea of whats going on, and what you can do to fix it.

digitaldave52 said:
The wide strap halfway down the pool that wraps around the "belly" of the liner had been chewed up my mans best friend
Welcome to tfp digitaldave52!
Where do you live? Is your pool frozen (like mine)? If it is or even if it isn't but still holding water, I would think you could repair/replace the strap. If it isn't frozen, you may have to reduce the water level so the strap is the right diameter when placed, then refill. If the liner is not broken, you should be able to reuse it. Those Intex liners are not like most AGP liners where once you drain they typically need to be replaced, the Intex seem to handle (and are designed to handle?) draining. Got any pictures?

I'm in North Carolina, so nope, no frozen pool here. (at least not this year)
The strap is chewed completely through but the liner itself is undamaged and holding water.

Attachments

• pool.JPG
    pool.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 163
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.