Green pool help

Aug 25, 2011
Last few weeks we had oak trees making babies in my pool. I have 4 big oak trees in my yard. That makes lots of little oak trees floating in the air. I do have a bird cage over my pool but the pollen is smaller so it snuck in for a swim.

Here are my numbers and a picture.

FC- 8
CC-.5
pH- 8.2ish...(i hate color change tests)
T/A 150
CH 240
CYA 40
Temp 70

I did add some muratic acid to bring the PH down a little. And I threw my tablet floater back in with 3 tabs to bump the CYA up a bit.

In this picture I did brush right before I took the picture but I dont think it made it any worse. And Ive been running my pump for 3 days straight.

edit(ok pics to big but im sure youve seen green pools before and Im late for work.)

Your numbers don't look bad except for the pH and the TA. The TA will come down over time by adjusting the pH down. I'd keep a close eye on the pH and adjust it whenever it gets to about 7.8 or so.

We have tons of oak worms too but they don't affect the balance very much as long as they're being removed often.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.