Pump disconnect

jongig

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 27, 2010
I am installing a new Pentair Intelliflo pump and due to it's cost and only 4 months of use here in NE-PA I thought I'd bring it in the house when the pool is closed up. My question is, is there a good option for a disconnect that can be used? The pump station is 50 feet from the pool and the ez touch breaker box is 4 feet from the pump. The pump will be on a 240 volt/20 amp circuit. I can easily use a DIN disconnect for the rs-485 connection.

I have two other larger 5 HP pumps for the swim system and I'm considering bringing them in also and each of them is on a 30 amp circuit.

Thanks,

john

You can use twist-lock connectors for the pumps if your jurisdiction allows it. The NEC allows plug and cord connections with a cord no longer than 3'. You can't plug the bonding conductor though. You'll have to mechanically disconnect it each time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.