1 inch tiles vs 6 inch tiles

Feb 1, 2012
Frisco, Texas
Advantages? I really like this color in 1 inch tiles... PB says they pop off, and you will have more grout.. Which I can see that.. But PB said it's harder to clean, you see more grout, and the tiles themselves tend to pop off quite frequently due to pool movement etc.. PB said the 6 inch tiles bond better to gunite due to the extra surface area, are easier to clean, and have an overall cleaner look..

I am not sure about popping off, but I suppose that makes sense. You will certainly have a lot more grout (and a tougher time cleaning) with the smaller tiles. What color tiles are you looking at? You should be able to get just about any color in whatever size you choose.

Thanks.. I like the 1 inch tile look... Just worried about having to scrub grout instead of tile... And defeintly don't want tiles popping off all the time.. I have several curves in my pool, and figured they would lay down around them better because they come in these mesh backed sections..

My guess is that the PB is steering you away from them because they are more work for him? Most if not all contractors have very little concern about how much work is created for you after they leave the job. I agree with you that they will work better in a pool with alot of curves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.