Switching from Chlorine to Eclipse 4 Del Ozone ??

Rich75

Mar 8, 2012
Hello :wave: I am a third-year pool owner
WITH a 34,000 gallon pool with a single speed pump I am just getting tired of
Dealing with the chlorine hassles. :evil: I would like to switch from chlorine to the
Del eclipse 4 Ozoner or the Del Total eclipse 4 Ozoner with a in-line
Chlorinator I have been doing some research and from what I've seen it seems to
Be a pretty good system I recently spoke with the manufacturer and they told me
This would be feasible and what work.
I would like to have some other opinions on this matter if anyone can help it
Would be greatly appreciated Thank you :?: :?:

Hey Rich, welcome to TFP!

The Del Eclipse 4 is a great system, but like you mention, you will still need a sanitizer (Chlorine, Bromine, or Baquacil). In my opinion, a SWCG will suit you best. Without a sanitizer, your water might look clean but might not actually BE clean.

You could also do well with a SWCG alone. Have you considered that? What part of "chlorine hassles" are you tired of dealing with?

If I were you, I would probably add a SWCG, and use the extra money (that was originally going to pay for Ozone) to purchase a multi-speed pump. You will save money in the long run over your current single-speed.

Indoor or outdoor pool? Forget the ozone if it is outdoors and DON'T waste your money! If outdoors, a SWG is a MUCH better choice. Give us some background on your pool and the hassles you are experiencing and we may be able to help :wave:

:-D Thanks guys for the Replies I stay in Oklahoma City
The pool is a outdoors with some shade from around 8 to 10 The temperature in OKC can be
Brutal last year we tapped out at 118 degrees and the humidity is crazy so it
it Seemed to me to be a losing battle with using the chlorine :cry: I'm just trying to Figure out other alternatives.
I have considered using SWG but the units seem to be the same in cost.
If I were to go with SWG which Brands would you recommend :?: and again thank you
For the replies and help :goodjob:

Hi Rich. Welcome to TFP!

I wish that you would have found us last year when you were having issues with your chlorine management. We could have helped you out.

It doesn't really matter if you use a salt system or not. Chlorine is always used up more quickly when it is hotter and more sunny. This usually means that you need to add more stabilizer to protect your chlorine from loss to UV rays. Salt systems do make it more convenient, but there may still be times when chlorinating by hand is needed. We typically advise to go larger on the SWCG cell so it doesn't have to work as hard.

UV systems are not necesssary for outdoor pools.

How large is your pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Rich, welcome to TFP :wave:

The key to a chlorine pool is owning a good test kit. We can recommend one, but it's that simple. The two primary consumers of chlorine are UV rays from the sun and organics. Stabilier (CYA) sheilds chlorine from UV and if you do not have enough, you'll never be able to keep up with chlorine demand. On the flipside if you have too much stabilier, it renders the free chlorine in your water esentially useless.

Get a good testkit (We recommend the TF100 from TFtestkits.net or the Taylor K2006) and post those test results here on the forum and we can help you out. A swg is by far your best option for chlorine dosing automation, but without knowing your water chemistry you will constantly be fightling a losing battle.

A properly chlorinated pool barely smells of chlorine yet has more free chlorine than most typical pools.

Ozone is not the way to go on an outdoor pool. Proper water chemistry and chlorine automation (SWG) should make your life much easier.

Take a read through pool school (link in my sig) and feel free to ask questions along the way. :goodjob:

Re: HELP!!Switching from Chlorine to swg or Eclipse 4 Del Oz

linen said:
Rich75,

I helps us if you keep the discussion to only one thread when it is the same topic. Please use the other thread that you started. :whip: It helps us help you. :wink:

Topic merged for continuity. Please keep similar discussions on one thread.

257WbyMag - Forum Mod

Re: HELP!!Switching from Chlorine to swg or Eclipse 4 Del Oz

257WbyMag said:
linen said:
Rich75,

I helps us if you keep the discussion to only one thread when it is the same topic. Please use the other thread that you started. :whip: It helps us help you. :wink:

Topic merged for continuity. Please keep similar discussions on one thread.

257WbyMag - Forum Mod

can i not post this on the Salt Water Chlorine Generators (SWG)
:?: :?:

It is almost always more informative to keep your information under one thread so readers and responders can get an overall view of your situation or your topic. Scattering questions throughout the forum makes continuity VERY difficult.

Posting duplicate posts in multiple forums is simply ineffective and confusing. Responders will find your info, understand your background "story", and, as a result, give you much better advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.