Quick question, what does this line mean?

cflannagan

Gold Supporter
Apr 2, 2011
Palm Harbor, Florida
[attachment=0:741a6dm1]Ascorbic Treatment to rid Pool of metal stains • Chemistry 201 • Trouble Free Pool-1.jpg[/attachment:741a6dm1]

"Put the filter back on filter and leave it on 24/7." in Ascorbic Treatment of Pool sticky (Chemistry 201)

Can someone explain what exactly that means? Even reading the whole post (trying to figure out the context the above line is in), it doesn't make sense.

I just want to do the treatment perfectly and am worried that the comment about "filter" has to do with sequestering agents, but I can't be certain.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Ascorbic Treatment to rid Pool of metal stains • Chemistry 201 • Trouble Free Pool-1.jpg
    Ascorbic Treatment to rid Pool of metal stains • Chemistry 201 • Trouble Free Pool-1.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 137
I believe it means that the valve/valves should be set back to the "filter" position, from the "circulate" position. When valve is set to circulate mode your filter media is not used. Circulate position is also know as "bypass" on some setups.

Thanks! So it's filter vs circulate, I see..

Sorry, I'm still learning - if I recall correctly there's a valve that handles how much is being suctioned through our dedicated skimmer line, vs the pool drain.

If everything is going to the pool drain, is that "circulate", or "filter"? Because I imagine everything's still going through the filters anyway at my pool controls area anyway?

I was going to do the treatment while running my pool in the usual mode, which is water going into dedicated skimmer line, going through our pool controls system area, then back into pool through returns, until I learned that we're talking about two different modes, "filter/circulate" - is this a critical step or can I just do the treatment running in my usual mode?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.