Liquidator

Highlandreef said:
Also meant to ask... Is there something newer/better out that won't break the bank?

I have no firsthand experience with a liquidator, but last summer I considered one and read many post about them. It seemed to me there were lots of problems with them and people were doing all sort of modifications to make them work.

A peristaltic pump is only a little more money and works great. http://www.uswatersystems.com/shop/cate ... %26-Parts/

JohnT, did you have to do anything to yours to get it working?

Texasdad, I checked that site and offhand I am not sure what pump to even look at, they have low pressure, high pressure, etc, etc.
It sounds like you have one, what do you have on your pool? Mines about 18k gallons or so if that helps.

Thanks boys!

This is the pump I have:
http://www.uswatersystems.com/shop/prod ... -Pump.html

here is the same pump with the tank already attached; but you can find a different tank for much less money then this one:http://www.uswatersystems.com/shop/...-Output-High-Pressure-Pump-&-Tank-System.html

You want a high pressure stunner pump. They are sold by the number of gallons per hour they can pump and also adjustable or fixed rate. If you have it on a timer then you can do fixed rate and adjust the chlorine amount with pump run time. Or an adjustable pump can be on when your pump is on and you control the flow rate of chlorine. Figure out what the most amount of chlorine you'll need to add in a day at the peak of summer and how long the pump will run each day to determine the pump size you need.

Highlandreef said:
JohnT, did you have to do anything to yours to get it working?

Texasdad, I checked that site and offhand I am not sure what pump to even look at, they have low pressure, high pressure, etc, etc.
It sounds like you have one, what do you have on your pool? Mines about 18k gallons or so if that helps.

Thanks boys!

Nothing modified on mine. As long as you have some filter pressure it usually works out of the box. Sometimes AG installations have a little trouble getting enough flow, and it needs larger tubing. No big deal.

I've had both and I added the 3/8" upgrade and a needle valve to the LQ (liquidator). It worked great except that I have tons of oak leaves and when they filled up the skimmer it would affect the flow so I was constantly adjusting it. If you don't have leaves it would work fine. I now have the Stenner peristaltic pump and it is pretty close to set it and forget it. You have to test and check the operation regularly just as with anything else.

In the end, I'd heartily recommend both.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi all,

I've been off the site over the winter but with this early spring rolling I figured I'd better get back on the pool train! As before, this is the site to get the best answers for EVERYTHING poolesque.

Thanks for posting the opinions on the Liquidator. I'm considering getting one, too. My concern is that I'm not experienced at all with pool plumbing (or plumbing in general, for that matter) and don't want to mess up my functioning system. From a truly newbie stand point, is the Liquidator something relatively straightforward to install?

Also, is there another delivery system like the Liquidator that people like?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.