Thermometers?

eeece

Mar 5, 2012
Australia
Is there really a difference when it comes to choosing thermometers? I've searched a few topics and noticed many have got different readings, not being accurate etc. and was wondering what should I look out for?

I used to have a floating thermometer ages ago, but I don't think it lasted or even worked properly for some reason :| Anyway, I'm not looking for anything fancy, just one to get a reasonable reading of my pool temp.
Cheers,

No real difference between one thermometer or the other. Not exactly sure what you have available for purchase in Australia, but I would think that a basic floating thermometer from any pool store should serve your needs just fine.

What I wonder is why the graduations go all the way from 30 deg up to 120 deg????? It would be nice if they went from 60 to 100, would make it way easier to read. I've looked for a while also and most are cheap junk, I would buy a high quality floater if available. I have a nice instant read digital (not waterproof), or I can look at the easytouch to see but one in the pool would be nice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.