Poolvergnuegen: will hoses from a Hayward Navigator work?

The question in the subject is the main thing. For a little background: it is time to start paying closer attention to the pool again for the year. My Hayward Navigator is in need of numerous parts, so instead of rebuilding I am considering buying a Poolvergnuegen cleaner instead. I may get one from Craigslist locally, and at least 1 I found has no hoses. So, will the hoses from my Navigator work OK on the Poolvergnuegen cleaner? I am kind of assuming these hoses are some have some sort of "standard" size/connectors.

Thanks in advance

Re: Poolvergnuegen: will hoses from a Hayward Navigator work

pebble.pool.fool said:
The question in the subject is the main thing. For a little background: it is time to start paying closer attention to the pool again for the year. My Hayward Navigator is in need of numerous parts, so instead of rebuilding I am considering buying a Poolvergnuegen cleaner instead. I may get one from Craigslist locally, and at least 1 I found has no hoses. So, will the hoses from my Navigator work OK on the Poolvergnuegen cleaner? I am kind of assuming these hoses are some have some sort of "standard" size/connectors.

Thanks in advance

Yes the hoses are an exact fit. According to the ThePoolCleaner cust service rep I discussed this with, their hoses are a bit more flexible but essential the same. She recommended keeping the first three of four hoses as their type. But to be honest, I don't see a difference flex wise at all. The Hayward ones are tan/grey and the TPC ones are white.

Will you be able to get the clamp on floats and if you need it the regulator valve thing? For sure you will need the clamp on floats to adjust the buoyancy of the cleaner for climbing walls.

Also, make sure you have a lead hose - it's got a longer fitting that attaches to the cleaner and unfortunately costs a lot more than a standard hose length but apparently it's important to the proper functioning of the cleaner. Again, except for the color the Hayward and TPC ones look identical.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.