Storing Muriatic Acid outside in Houston

trclac

Jul 24, 2009
Houston
We had been storing our jugs of muriatic acid in the garage. However, because the kids now play in the garage, and because my wife is scared of fumes escaping the bottles, she asked (or, more accurately, directed) me to store them in a bin outside. Is this safe in Houston? I left the plastic bin open somewhat to allow air to enter and escape. Any other ideas? Aside from the garage, we don't have a pool house to store this stuff.

Thanks.

Yes. There is a shady place I can store the plastic container. Thanks.

One more question. Can the acid fumes cause rust? I ask because several items near the area in the garage are rusted, such as bike chains, etc. Chlorine products are not contained in the garage in the garage, so I don't know what the culprit is.

Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
BigJD said:
Thanks Bama. Nope ... its Mass not Minnesota lol
Quit picking on us! :rant: I think we may have gotten down to the -40's one time in my life. It's been a good year...coldest this year was -13F. Now I have a cousin who is in North Pole Alaska (its not far from Fairbanks) and they have seen -50s this year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.