Pump problem?

mikethaisun

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 24, 2009
North East Thailand
Hello
Should water being pumped into the sand filter from the pump get warm/hot the longer the pump is running? I have noticed after about 10 to 15 minutes of the pump running, the pipe running from the pump to the filter is getting hotter to touch, the pipe on the entry side also gets warm. I am turning the pump off when this happens which stops me filtering the water sufficiently to get rid of the Algae problem I also have.
Any advice will be gratefully received
Mike

How hot is the pump casing getting?
Is the pump making noise?
Does the pump basket stay full of water?

Unless the pool water is pretty warm you really shouldn't be able to tell a difference whether the pump is running or not.

hello
The pump casing does not get as hot as the water pipe but is warm to touch, it is not making any unusual noises and the basket does not stay full of water. It is better now that I have at last got the Algae problem solved probably due to the pump not having to push as much Crud through it.
My Algae problem was solved at last by buying good Trichlor instead of cheap Chinese rubbish!!
Thanks for all your help
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.