Resetting Check Cell on AutoPilot Cubby with c36 cell

Aquatica

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2010
Nassau, Bahamas
I'm not familiar with these. On Goldline Controls we just hold the diagnostic button for 3 sec and check cell light goes away.

Do we hold the cubby select button for 3 seconds? or is it longer?

This probably is an old unit. I've pressed the select button for 3 secs and light stops flashing but then a minute later the light starts flashing again. cell is clean and I've inspected it all. just need to reset this light.

Thanks.

blakej said:
What color light is flashing? And how many times does it flash?

its a red light and flashing continually. Its the light on the right. this is probably a very old model. I don't even know if they sell these cubbys anymore. Auto Pilot website has nothing except the manual on them.

I see. Yeah, I found the manual on their website, but I don't see directions to reset that flashing red light. I just got off the phone with AutoPilot tech support and this is what they told me:

If your salt content of the pool is below 3,000ppm, this could trigger the light to continuously blink red.
There is NO re-set button for that system light.
If your salt is high enough, the best thing to do is put the unit on 'boost mode' for at least 3 minutes; then run 'test pool pilot' while you are still on boost mode. Write down the numbers you get back from diagnostics (volts, amps, etc). From those numbers, the tech department can determine what the issue is. The direct line for tech support is 727-456-7426. They said it's best to call them while you are next to the unit so they can help troubleshoot your issue.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Blake. Really appreciate that.

Its just a "check cell". so I removed and checked the cell and reinstalled. but how would it know I checked cell to remove the message? Normally you clear the message. AquaRites alert you every 500 hrs of run time and you check the cell then clear the alert.

I read somewhere on here that there was a bug in one of the old cubby models and the light would keep coming back on. They fixed this bug in the new models. They say just ignore it as it happens after so many hours of use like after 5,000 or so hours. they said it goes and comes.

Gotcha. I wasn't aware of that bug, but believe it certainly could be the case! I would suggest double-checking the salt level in the pool..and just make sure you are where you want to be. :cool: If you do figure out how to turn the light off, please share! My favorite part about TFP is learning from others! :cheers:

we are at FC: 2.5 @ 25% this week. I raised gen up to 50%

FC last week was 5. so we had a drop of 2.5 this week.

CYA is at 80 so we are good on that. I will manually check salt next time I'm there. But reading is at 3600 on unit and two months ago I added like 80 lbs of salt as it was reading low. This pool is around 10,000 gallons.

This system maybe old like I said. Cell could always be on the way out. The local company that installs these stocks them for years. so product is old. We fly in fresh systems. wont stock more than 2 at one time.

so we will see next week. no one is using the pool as its cold (80F) lol! but in a few weeks they will so will sort this out.

The main thing about these systems is once its producing chlorine and the cell is clean thats the main thing. how long the cell lasts well thats the tweaking part.

Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
btw just checked the weather and UV index has been like around 9 all week. so probably just need to turn the % up now. will see if light is on next time I go round. I doubt there is a problem. Just high UV index now.

I'm confused. There is no Select button on the Cubby. There is no Check Cell button or display on the Cubby. Which unit do you actually have? The Cubby is an older system, with one dial (0 - MAX), a Smiley Face (green flashing light) and a Frowny Face (Red Flashing light). When it starts up, the red and green lights will ocillate back and forth for about 20 seconds, then start up. IF there is a problem, the red light will flash either 1x, 2x, 3x, or 4x, which indicates the nature of the problem. If there are no problems, it will flash green when it's generating chlorine, or solid green when in the rest mode. There are no other indicator lights.
There was an interim model Cubby Digital, which provided a display board, similar to the standard Digital Nano unit. All diagnosis is similar to the Digital Nano unit.
There is no reset of the red flashing light, which is a Check System light. There should be a displayed message to indicate why the light is flashing.
If it says Check/Clean Cell, that can be due to a scaled cell, failing cell, low salt, or cold water temperatures and low salt. These are only about 1.5 yrs since release date.

If you can take and post a photo of the unit, I can assist further.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.