Hello and just a quick question!

Feb 22, 2012
I am trying to follow the rules but I am having trouble calculating the pool volume! I am gonna attempt to attach a pic with the measurements I took this morning by myself. I am sure I will have more questions as we get things settled into our new home and turn our attention to the yard. Now we are having a pool guy come and test our water for us and he is willing to teach us but I am a forum junkie and have been impressed with the answers you guys seem to provide!!! :goodjob:
poolmesure.jpg

I calculate about 23000 gallons for pool and 750 for spa. I assumed your deep end rectangle was an average of 6 ft (to include a slope) and the rest of the pool was 4 ft. My math for pool (broke into two rectangles and one triangle): (14*20*6+0.5*7*14*4+17*18*4)*7.48=23189 gallons. My math for spa (assumed 3ft depth): (3*pi*3.25^2)*7.48=745 gallons.

bhall235,

With Linen and bama helping you, I would take their numbers to the bank! YOu could use 22k if you like so both of them will still like you!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Seriously, I can't get to a calc but I would trust what those two say. :lol:

Welcome to TFP!

My calc came in right around bama and linen, actually a little higher than linen. I could say I calc'ed at 22 and look like a genius but probably no one would believe me.

You should probably take the 22 and 750 as good volume numbers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.