It's a racket I tell you!

Jun 2, 2008
Marana, AZ
Well, I'm in the middle of de-greening my pool, and I discovered that I am low on R-0871. So when I went to get some liquid chlorine from Lowes, I went to Leslies to get R-0871. Not only does Leslies not have it, they don't even carry the FAS-DPD test kit at all in the store! So I went to another pool store; they also didn't have it. Now, all pool stores around here test your water for free; I think it's a racket that they test the water for free but don't have decent water testing supplies. Get you in when they test the water so they can sell you all kinds of goop and gunk your water don't need. :hammer:
(I ordered some refills for my test kit now, btw. I have enough R-0871 to last a few more tests, and I have made some real progress with the degreening. I'll throw more chlorine in than I think the pool needs and actually test levels in the evening.)

Got my refills today! Thanks, Duraleigh. That was sooner than expected.
Have no algae, but still have dust and pollen making my water look bad (once it's stirred up, like with a vacuum. Otherwise, it settles to the bottom.) Numbers are
FC - 21
CC - .5
TC - 21.5
TA - 110
CH - 280
CYA - 45

Check and see if your FC holds to within 1 ppm of loss overnight. If it does, then you can let the FC drift down to normal levels. Keep running the pump until the water clears.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.