Water Fall for an Above Ground Pool has anybody tried?

I haven't heard of anyone doing that. This is not saying that it couldn't be done. I am curious as to what it would take logistically.

It seems to me a normal decent pump (maybe not Intex) would have no trouble pushing the water up high enough but constructing a platform that would look nice without spending really big bucks might be the biggest problem

I looked into doing this, and if you have the parts and expertise to fabricate something it would certainly work. My thought was to build a tray like a cascading tub faucet on a larger scale and you could either build some fiberglass rocks around it or anything that strikes your fancy.

Bama Rambler said:
I looked into doing this, and if you have the parts and expertise to fabricate something it would certainly work. My thought was to build a tray like a cascading tub faucet on a larger scale and you could either build some fiberglass rocks around it or anything that strikes your fancy.

I was kinda thinking along those same ideas or something coming off an existing deck. I was just hoping someone may have alrady tried it and would have some answers or ideas.
I know they do sell a resin prefabbed waterfalls than can sit on the edge of your inground but i dont think that will work for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will be adding a waterfall/splash area with my inground aboveground. Still a work in progress, hole's dug, still leveling and waiting on my liner to arrive. I'll tee off some return to supply it. I'm using the old liner to waterproof a cement board deck that overlaps the side of the pool. No pics yet but will update as I progress

gtojohn said:
I will be adding a waterfall/splash area with my inground aboveground. Still a work in progress, hole's dug, still leveling and waiting on my liner to arrive. I'll tee off some return to supply it. I'm using the old liner to waterproof a cement board deck that overlaps the side of the pool. No pics yet but will update as I progress

Looking foward to seeing them!

I am actually planning on doing one for my inground aboveground. My 22' x 52" ProSeries is in a pit lined with a brick wall, I also have about 15" between my liner and my brick wall to put down deckbloks and 4x4 posts to use as supports for the framework of the waterfall.

I've done a custom outlet manifold with 3 return lines that go to my pool:

1. Original return (at the water line, near the skimmer).
2. An Aqualuminator flow-through light (located about 6 feet away).
3. The return that will go to my waterfall.

I plan to use cinderblocks or something similar as a frame, and then apply some limestone around it with mortar as a sort of verneer. There will be a bucket or small tub that the water line pours into, and then it drains out onto a series of rocks that overhang over the edge of my pool frame (but do not rest on it).

Water would ideally overflow the small tub, pour out, go down the fall, and into the pool. A removable cap rock(s) would hide all the hardware but still give me maintanance access.

Most of the ones I've seen built for conventional inground pools are made that way, brick and mortar for the support structure, stone exterior as a decorative verneer, and a slab (or steps of slab) that the water pours down into the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.