Hayward H400 heater, all buttons work except one.

Seanx

Feb 26, 2012
Last night I flipped on my heater for the first time in a few months and it works fine. The spa heated up to the 99 degrees it was set at no problem. I had decided I wanted to raise it up a degree so I went to the heater display panel and held the, "down" button until it started flashing but when pressing the, "up" button nothing happens. I can lower the temperature down and the mode selector button works fine but the, "up" arrow button does not seem to work unless I am doing something wrong. I have been in this house for about a year and the equiptment was put in along with the pool/spa around 5 years ago I would assume.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Sean

Turned it all the way down hoping it would loop back around to the 100+ temperatures but it won't go below 65 it seems. If it's the temp sensor surely it would let me turn it back up from 6 but now that is what isit is stuck at.

Change the Mode to "Standby", wait ten seconds, then change the Mode to "Spa", and try the up button. If it does not work, then you will probably need to replace the keypad (Part number: FDXLBKP1930).

Are there any Error codes?

No error codes, everything seems fine aside from the up arrow button not working. I will try what you mentioned tomorrow and post if anything has changed. And just to confirm, the down arrow has to be held to make the numbers flash to turn the temp "up" and "down" correct?

When the temperature display is steady, that's the actual water temperature.

When you push the Up or Down arrow, the temperature display should flash, and that indicates the Set temperature. If you continue to push the Up or Down button, the Set temperature will begin to move up or down depending on which button you're pushing.

I'm thinking that the Up button is bad, which would mean that the keypad needs to be replaced.

Ya I can't get any response from the up button. I will have to price out the new panel. I seems to range between $50-60 from what I've seen. Any recommendations on a reputable source to purchase?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.